Monday, October 18, 2004

Windows sucks...

I am so done with the PC platform. I have a PC and a Mac in my studio. The Mac does all the tracking work with ProTools, and I use the PC for mastering and disc sequencing, because Sony/Sonic Foundry's tools are way better than any Mac equivalents.
Now, I started on the PC 14 years ago, so if anything, I should be biased in favor of them, but when I look at how much grief I get with crashing drivers, devices not being recognized, and so forth, I could never use a PC again, and be thrilled.
The latest is that Windows has stopped recognizing firewire drives plugged in to it. It sort of started happening about the same time that I installed XP service pack 2, so I backed that out, hoping to get my disks back - no luck.
I'm going to have to do a re-install yet, you watch.
I say again, PC's suck. If I had the $$ to do it, I'd dump this thing in a second in favor of a dual G5, and just get Virtual PC to run the couple of PC-only apps I need.
End of rant - for now...

No comments: