Saturday, October 16, 2004

Went to a Metal Show

Tonight was fun. I got roped into sponsoring a benefit for the local metal radio show. So, as sponsor, it was my duty to go down and see the bands, as well as be on hand for the plugs, in case someone wanted to ask me questions, and so forth.
Now, modern metal, of any kind, really isn't specifically my bag, but I can appreciate it when it's done well, and I saw five bands tonight ranging from pretty good to pretty damned good. The last band was more in the Pantera vein than what's considered "metal" these days, and they had the entire place moshing. I was even "moshed" at one point.

As much as I may not dig newer metal much, if I step back and realize that my "work" for tonight was to go to a bar and watch a bunch of bands play... I mean, come on. How bad is my life??

No comments: