Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Sweet Joe, She's Back, Cousin!

Whew!! My ass was up at the crack of 10:00 today, out and about in the neighborhood, sticking "Lost Cat" flyers in people's doors, looking all over for her, to no avail.
Tonight, we looked again in all the usual places. Again, nothing. I reall was starting to think she might be gone for good, that maybe something got a hold of her.

Well, I work at night, mostly. So, tonight, I was cutting some guitars, and every hour or so, I'd take a break, and make another circuit around the house, calling her, to see if she was back.
Finally, as I was 3/4 done with the "2:30 lap", my light caught something moving off well ahead of me, hauling ass toward my back patio. As I headed that way, I started hearing what I call the "Juice howl of doom". It's a noise she only makes when she's in trouble. I started to get hopeful. As I got to the patio, my light caught her familiar silhouette. Holy shit, it _was_ her!!
She was freaked, but good, but I snagged her, and got her in the door.
Man... I don't ever want to go through that again...

Now, I can concentrate on what this blog is _supposed_ to be about... More tomorrow.

No comments: