Friday, September 11, 2009

Ellen DeGeneres Sued by Record Labels

As a performer and composer myself, I understand the legalities of licenses. Still, I think this is a bit much. I wouldn't mind if Ellen danced to one of my songs, and I gotta love her response. In part:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Four of the world's biggest recording companies have sued the producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," accusing them of using songs without permission.

On the popular daytime program, which averages about 3 million viewers daily, newly named "American Idol" judge and show host DeGeneres dances to popular tunes selected by a deejay.



In the lawsuit, which was filed on Wednesday in federal court in Nashville, Tennessee, the labels said that when they asked why licenses were not obtained for use of the songs, representatives for the show said they "did not roll that way.
See the whole article here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090911/en_nm/us_ellen

No comments: