Friday, August 06, 2010

New Van Halen Album in 2011?

As usual, I preface this with my normal "believe it when I see it disclaimer", but this snippet from Blabbermouth.net quotes Warner/Chappell as saying that Van Halen is working on a new album with David Lee Roth, due out in 2011.

Warner/Chappell Music has extended its administration agreements with two original members of the legendary rock band VAN HALEN, Eddie and Alex Van Halen. Under the agreement, Warner/Chappell will continue to administer their catalog of works...
Most recently, the band toured with founding brothers, Eddie and Alex Van Halen, its original lead singer, David Lee Roth, and Eddie's son, Wolfgang, playing bass. The group is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011.


As I said, time will tell. I'll buy it if they put it out. I'd like to see the band live one more time with Roth, too. I missed the 2008 tour, so the last time I saw Van Halen with David Lee Roth was 1984. Now, if they could just get Mike Anthony back...

No comments: